Aug 30, 2007

Why am I doing this you ask?

OK, so I don't want to say I make fun of people with blogs, because I don't. I just really never understood the purpose for them really. I mean for the most part I don't lead a very exciting life. So the thought of getting on line and posting about my uneventful day for others to read seemed kind of blah you know? Why would someone want to see what ho hum thing I did that day. But in reading other people's blogs occaisionally it's amazing the things you learn about people. I think people tend to be honest and really show themselves on blogs. I'm just not sure how much I'm willing to put myself out there for the world to see. So I'm going to give this blogging a shot.

This is my reason for doing the blog. My husband is in the Army and will be deploying to Iraq soon and I want to somehow try and keep him connected to us back here. So I plan on using this blog to post about our days and put pictures of the boys on here so he can still feel a part of life on the homefront.

10 comments:

kelli said...

Wow girlfriend you are going to make me cry. This is so great in so many ways. As you post daily you will get more indepth and understanding of the ins and outs of blogging. Have any problems just call on me (us) for help. God bless your family!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I love this Marti!!!! I think you should totally have a blog. It's just your place. My blog at http://jshahin.blogspot.com doesn't go into every detail about my life, I use it mainly to put up my layouts and information that I want to share about scrapbooking. So if you just want to show and tell about one area of your life - just feel free to share as much or as little as you want!!!! :) Yay Marti! I miss you girlie.

Leslie said...

Looks great, Marti! Gonna have to link you to my blog if you don't mind. I think you have a great idea doing this for your husband. Keep it up! :)

Nicole said...

This is the best reason for starting a blog Marti! Your husband will feel connected, I'm sure. Let me know if I can help ya out anymore. :) Peace be with all of you.

Krystin said...

it looks great, Marti...this will be such a great way for your family to stay connected :)

patti west said...

Marti!!! That's the best slide show ever!! I'm so proud of you for putting your blog together! It's going to be great for keeping you & Bruce & family informed and "together". I'm here for ya sista! XO, Patti

Nikki said...

It's perfect.

Jon Uhler said...

Yo little sis...

Nice blog. Hopefully Bruce will be able to spend some time here from time to time to remember why he is over there in the first place....

Love and miss ya.

Jon

Ps. I have some great pics to send you.

Aunt Bee said...

Good job Marti..I was ready to cry after reading everything and watching the pictures of the boys. I agree this will be great for Bruce to stay in touch with you and the boys. But this will also help you, it will give you a comfort knowing that this blog is helping Bruce to have a little piece of home away from home. I will check back from time to time. Give the boys a hug and kiss and tell them Aunt Bee loves them. I also send hugs and kisses to you and Bruce. Take care and remember my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Love,
Aunt Bee

{patty} said...

Marti, your blog is awesome!! I am going to love reading your posts and looking at the photos!!! I hope Bruce will be able to post too!! We love you all sooo much!!