Dec 6, 2008

Life Post Deployment....

I feel like most of the time the past year I only wrote on here to complain about something, or how much it sucked Bruce was gone. Or I wrote about what the boys and I were up to, so Bruce could keep up with our day to day stuff, even though it turned out he couldn't pull up this website. :) Now I am not sure what to write about. But I love the idea of writing on here, so I will continue to bore you all with my ramblings. :)

We have been having a good time with Bruce home. We are finally getting into a groove of sorts with him home again. I got so used to him being gone, I didn't really worry about what his schedule was. We were talking the other day and he mentioned it was hard getitng used to four other people's schedules he has to worry about instead of just himself. So we are on the same page with that for sure. It's nice not having to run the boys everywhere all the time by myself now. The boys are wanting him to do stuff for them instead of me. Adam insisted that Daddy warm up his pop tarts the other day because surely I didn't know how to do it. Nice huh? But I know it is just him enjoying having Daddy home and wanting him to do stuff for him, instead of me. It's ok, it hurt my feelings a little at first, but I understand better now. And honestly it's kind of nice. :)

We went home for Thanksgiving. We hadn't been home for that for a long time. At least 5 years or more. Overall it was a great weekend. It was a bit of a rough start but ended up being a lot of fun. I got to see my favorite cousin and his lovely wife, whom we hadn't seen since the last Thanksgiving we were home I'm sure!!! It was so nice catching up with them, and I hope we get to see more of them in the future. We will have to plan a weekend to visit them next summer, I know you may be reading this Jess, so I'm inviting myself, hope you don't mind. :)

I went shopping on Black Friday for the first time ever!!! It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. I got everything I went out for and a few things I didn't go out for. :) Lori showed me the ropes, and my three nieces joined us, it was a lot of fun. Most of you know I hate to shop, but it really was a blast. I enjoyed hanging out with my nieces too, and my SIL of course. And hey we stopped by Starbucks for a pick me up half way through, so that is always good. :)

It snowed here a lot the past few days, and it's beautiful outside. Cold and lots of snow, but beautiful, since I don't have to drive in it. :) We all went up to Thompson Park and went sledding yesterday, but of course I forgot my camera, :( and I would have gotten some great pics too. So Bruce promised to go another day so I could take pics. The boys had so much fun sledding. Jack even went on the big hill, he went flying down, his sled flipped over in midair, a somersault if you will, landed and went down the rest of the way. What does he say when he gets done? "That was totally awesome!!!" He is such a litte daredevil that one!!!!

So all in all we are adjusting well to having Bruce home and are looking forward to the holidays!!!

Also for those that don't know, though all who read probably already know. :) We are moving next summer!!! Bruce got orders to Ft McPherson, in Atlanta GA. So we are super excited to be close to my brother and sister in law and niece and nephew!!! And we have really close friends only a few hours away down at Stewart!!! So we couldn't be happier, and so we are enjoying our last winter here in the North Country!!!

Check back in a few days, I will be posting more pics of Bruce's homecoming last month, and pics of our trip to the North Pole on the Polar Express, that the two little ones and I are taking tomorrow with some friends!!!

2 comments:

armywife said...

Sounds like you guys are having a ball!! We miss you too, but we don't miss that snow a bit!! Would love to have you for a visit whenever you want! Bring your scrap stuff!!

Kimmarie Baker said...

Hey Batman, it sounds like everyone is going just right and everyone is having a great time. I heard you were moving. Glad you will be close to family. We will have to get together in the Spring with Kelli to scrap. She can drive! hehe