Sep 4, 2008

New School Year

So all three boys started school yesterday. Woohoo!!! We made it through the summer with no major issues. :) None of them were very excited to go to school, but they didn't have a choice. Mommy had a breakfast date with friends to celebrate the first day back, no chance of me missing that for sure!!! :) I still need to download the photos of them then will post them on here. Having pc issues with my new printer and downloading. Go figure!!! :) Anywhoo, DJ is riding the bus again and still in the same school as last year along with the same teacher. She looped over to the next year, which was great because DJ really likes her and so do I. Adam and Jack are walkers still, which translates into me driving them because if we actually walked we'd have to leave an hour and a half before school started since I have the slowest kids in the world. Adam seems to like his new teacher, she's an older teacher but seems very nice and appreciated Adam using his manners all day long. So doesn't seem to be any problems there, though he never has teacher issues, he's a great kid. Jack got Adam's 1st grade teacher from last year that we adored. She is young and just had her first baby in April and we didn't think she was coming back, so that was a pleasant surprise and she is really nice. Jack is already smitten with her. I wonder what they are expecting when the get a younger sibling of a previous student. Because let's face it, Adam and Jack are completly different. They are both good, and are no trouble at school. But Adam is much more subdued and quiet than Jack, so it's always fun to see what they think of it. :)

After dropping them off it was my turn for fun. I met a friend at Cracker Barrell for breakfast and while I was waiting ran into a friend from PWOC who was dancing in the store celebrating school starting too. So we all decided to sit together to celebrate, it was so much fun!!!

Part of me was sad to leave them, but the other part was like woohoo!!! I feel like the fact that they go in there without any issues and are well behaved and they thrive in school is some reflection on how Bruce and I are raising them. So proudly and a little selfabsorbed maybe I'm giving myself and Bruce little pats on the back for raising such great boys!!! They all have thier moments, what kids don't, but for the most part they are great kids and I love them and I'm so proud of them!!!

3 comments:

Kimmarie Baker said...

Yeah for you and Bruce! So glad it went smoothly. Good for you meeting up with friends. I am having lunch with my cousin today!(with no kids!!!)

armywife said...

Yay for meeting friends for breakfast!!! {burp}

Leslie said...

I was excited about that first day of school too. I told a friend we need to start a tradition of going to breakfast to celebrate. LOL Cracker Barrel for breakfast is my favorite. Yummo!!