Sep 18, 2008

Our Broken Hearts....

Our hearts are breaking this week at our house. For the last 8 years we have had the best little friend with us,our dog Blue. This past Tuesday we had to say goodbye to her. She was such a good dog and we loved her so much. She started getting sick this past Sunday and wasn't any better by Monday so I took her into the vet to get her checked out. After blood and urine checks Blue was diagnosed with diabetes and her pancreas was not functioning properly. After much discussion with the doctor we chose to have her put down as opposed to being in any pain or discomfort for the rest of her life. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Two of my friends went with me on Tuesday when they actually did it. She was so sweet and and kept giving me kisses and rubbing her head on me until she fell asleep in my arms. It was so sweet and so sad at the same time. We are going to miss her so much!!! We love you Blue!!!

4 comments:

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

(((Hugs)) Marti. I'm so sorry. She's just beautiful...

Kimmarie Baker said...

Crying on your thread again... I am so sorry to hear about Blue. The boys must be so sad and you too! Blue was your little girl. You made the right decision. Big HUGS my friend.

armywife said...

more hugs, girlfriend.

Krystin said...

Oh, gosh, Marti. I am so sorry...that just made me cry. I am so sorry. She is so beautiful.