Jan 7, 2010

My Verse for 2010

Philippians 4: 6-8
"Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything, through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is ... See Morehonorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is right, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."


I read this on my friend Audrey's facebook page and asked if we could share it. It is a great verse and covers many of the areas in my life that I'm wanting to improve on in 2010.

What about you all? Do you have a verse for this year?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this passage Marti! The first class I ever took at PWOC was on Philippians. I absolutely loved it and I learned so much. There is not another book in my Bible marked as much as that one. I am looking forward to marking up the rest of my bible with thoughts! Love you!

Audrey Boyce said...

That is a beautiful verse!
This is mine-
Ecclesiastes 3: 1

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to reap that which is planted.

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to to mourn, and a time to dance.

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing.

A time to get and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.