Oct 22, 2007

Warrior Walk







All of 1st brigade is doing what's called the Warrior Walk. We made up teams of 10 walkers and we have to try and get to 5785 miles total. That doesn't seem like that much until you start breaking it down. That is about 580 miles per person in a 15 month time period. So that is still over a mile a day for each person. So it should be interesting to see what we actually accomplish. There are prizes for the first teams to get to the half way point and those who finish the whole thing. It's nice because the kids can get involved too. We had a big kickoff for the walk this past Saturday on post. We walked through the woods on Ft Drum at Remington Pond. They told us it would be a 3 mile walk. But the whole time I was walking I kept thinking this seems a lot longer. I was so proud of my boys. DJ and I both finished, and Adam and Jack made it about 3/4 of the way before a van picked them up and took them back to the gym where my friend was waiting for them. So DJ and I finish together only to find out they had miscalculated the distance of the trail they had us go on. It was really a 5 mile walk. So Adam and Jack made it about 3 miles, before they just couldn't go any further. I just wanted to share some pictures from our walk. It was a beautiful day for it too. :)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hang in there. Keep in mind that Bruce is in a "war zone" wheather you like it or not. I'll bet Mom wished brother Dan had "email" when he was in Vietnam or when I was in Bogota. I'm sure that my Grandma Lutz would have loved to have had email when "all her boys" were off in WWII. Like I said, "hang in there. See ya soon.
Love ya bunches.....Dad

Major Mom said...

did you get blisters on your feet? i get them just cleaning my house:) way to go, thats a long ways!