Oct 26, 2007

Bruce Update...

I almost forgot to update everyone on Bruce, duh!!! :) I talked to him yesterday afternoon. He actually called not too long after I'd picked Dad up at the airport. So Dad got to talk to him for a few minutes, which was nice. He is doing great, he is just getting over a nasty ear infection, and just feeling crappy in general. He sounded awful last week when he called, but sounded great yesterday, so that was a pleasant change. He found out he is changing command December 16, which means he will no longer be a company commander, which in turn means I will no longer be the FRG leader. I've met some great ladies that I know we will still be friends, but I can't say I will miss being the FRG leader. That is not an easy job by any means, and bless everyone who steps up to do it. But more importantly Bruce will be making the next step in his career, and he is excited about it. He thinks he will still be working with the same battallion just in a different postition, but he isn't 100% sure yet. He's hoping to get up to brigade staff, but we will see. So if you could just continue to pray for him, his health and just for his well being mentally as well. Keeping a positive outlook is half the battle!!! Thanks for all your prayers you've spoken over him already, and thank you for the ones I know you will continue to pray over him. I'm so proud of him, and love him so much!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

7 comments:

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I am sure you will be very glad when December 16th gets here. We will celebrate big time when you are home for Christmas. Tell B we miss and love him.

Mom

Krystin said...

Oh, Marti...so good to hear that Bruce is doing well. I do pray for and your family often.
And well, now I have 2 things to celebrate on Dec. 16..my birthday and Bruce's promotion. What a fan-freakin'-tastic day that will be :)

{patty} said...

Marti, glad to hear that CU is doing good! It stinks to be sick but to not be home royally stinks! Tell Bruce we love him and think about him everyday!!!!!!

Tell Yank I said hi and doesn't he miss me?? When the house is done I expect a road trip to Virginia and the Carter Fold! :)

stephanie said...

Hey Marti! I have been keeping up with the blog and have had the whole family in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to hear that Bruce is feeling better and on his way to a promotion! I heard that you know about my tattoo...feel free to tell on me! ;) The renovations you are doing to your home sound really nice. I hope that I will be able to see you and the boys this Christmas! Much love,

Stephanie

Leslie said...

Congrats to Bruce for moving up. :) I'm glad he's feeling better.

kelli said...

always in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats on his change in job (promotion)