Nov 6, 2008

A New Era in America...

Those of you who know me well, know that I have had some pretty strong feelings about this election. Though I may have not posted so much on my blog about it, it's about all I could talk about these past few weeks. I know there are many of my friends that read this blog that don't necissarily agree with my political views and that is ok. That is the great thing about living in this country, that we have the freedom to have our own views and religion choices. We don't have to agree on everything and we can still be friends. As long as we are respectful of one another.

So, though I am not happy with the outcome of this election, I will still respect the office of the Presidency and ask that you should do the same. I won't lie, I was bitter yesterday when I woke up and heard Obama had won. But then I had a good friend remind me, that ultimately God is still in control of this world. He knew that Obama was going to be elected. So I remember this verse.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future


God has a plan for each and every one of us. We may not know what that plan is just now, but take comfort in knowing that God has a purpose for everything.

I was very vocal about my dislike for Obama around my children, so they were disappointed about him winning. They were so excited because I took them to vote with me and they helped me do all the buttons in the voting booth. I had to explain to them, just as my friend did to me though. We will be respectful of him because he will be the next President of this country. We will be respectful to those who voted for him, since my youngest Jack is so vocal to anyone who will listen to him how he didn't want Obama to win.

I wonder how this will effect my life in the future and my kids lives, but I have to remember that God holds our futures in His hands and He knows what He is doing!!!

1 comment:

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Hey Marti, I agree totally with you and respect your comments. I to was very disappointed but we will move on and hope for the best. Right on Sista!