Nov 17, 2008

What to write about today???

We are all getting used to Bruce being home again. It's amazing and sad how we all got so used to him not being here. I know that might sound harsh or whatever, but you do what you have to do when he's gone. The boys still keep coming to me to ask everything, even if Bruce is sitting right next to them. Just because they are so used to asking my permission to do everything. The one thing that is super sweet though, Jack has been having a toothache the past few days and really only wants Daddy to comfort him, even in the middle of the night, poor Bruce. They are all coming around. DJ brought home a test the other day that he had to have signed and I went to do it and he said no I want Daddy to do it, you've done it for the last year or so. I was a bit taken back, but understood. So even though we are super excited Daddy is home, there is som adjustment time for all of us. Bruce is having a hard time making it through the day without having to take a nap. It's hard to get his sleep schedule on track with ours. I had DJ wake him last night at 5, after a 3 hour nap after church, and he told DJ he'd get up at 6, so I woke him then. He thought it was 6 in the morning and wondering why DJ was up so stinking early. Poor guy. He's doing good though. It's just so nice to have him home. I went to the mall the other night all by myself, and I have to tell you it was so nice. Even though the boys are at school all day, it isn't the same as knowing they are home with Dad and I can just relax and not have to hurry home to pay a babysitter. :) Anyways, I guess I've rambled on enough. Will have to think of new things to write about since most of the time it was all about Bruce being gone. :) It's still Life on the Homefront, it's just life with our soldier by our side again!!!

2 comments:

Kimmarie Baker said...

aaawww! Things will take time but will be back to normal soon. A trip to the mall by yourself - isn't it great not to rush or stop the kids from wanting and fighting?! Well that's how I feel when I get time to myself. lol

Leslie said...

So glad that it is now Life on the Homefront with your soldier by your side. :) I'm sure it's nice to have him helping with the disciplining too.