Jun 22, 2008

Late nights....and cell phones!!!

I hate nights like this. It's almost 1:30 in the morning and I should easily be passed out in bed. But here I sit surfing the web wide awake. It's been a long time since I couldn't sleep. Maybe it's the new meds the doc put me on for this allergic reaction thing or maybe it's just me. The boys were having a rough night going to bed tonight and Jack comes out crying how much he misses Daddy and asks if we can call him. Bruce got a cell phone not too long ago and we can now call him when we want. Except that Jack came out at 9:30 which is 4:30 the next morning for Bruce. I kind of gave Bruce a hard time about getting the cell phone actually. But now it seems so worth it. It was so nice to be able to pick up a phone and be able to call him and let the boys hear his voice when they needed to. Even though the boys were still upset when they got off the phone they were able to get to sleep. Bruce was a trooper even though we woke him up. He's such a good daddy!! I thought it would be easy for me to lay down and go to sleep too, but I guess not. Thank goodness for our modern day convienences though, I can't imagine going through this deployment without emails and phone calls.

So does anyone have any good websites for to check out? :)

1 comment:

armywife said...

I told you that cell phone would be great!! So glad he got one. You should have called me last night - I had major insomnia too and only slept for about 2 hours between 5:30-7:30!! I will send you the link to that calling card site I told you about.