Jun 5, 2008

Saying Goodbye...

Last night I went to a going away party for a friend who is moving to a new Army post, aka PCSing in the Army world. We had a great time sitting around eating dinner and just talking. Someone made a video with pics of our time together with beautiful music. It was just a great time of fellowship. It got me to thinking though of all the friends I've made along the way in this Army journey I somehow signed up for when my husband signed on the dotted line. I've made amazing friends at every post we've been stationed at. This is our 5th duty station since Bruce and I got married.

It's never easy to move to a new place and have to meet new friends. But there is a women's ministry at each of these posts I've been at called PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) a women's bible study group. I found this group on our 3rd duty station in Maryland. It has truly been a life save for me. You go to this group and it's like you have built in friendships just waiting for you to show up. Obviously you don't always click with everyone, but it's just been so great at how wonderful this group of ladies are.

The ladies at Ft Drum are no different. I've been here for three years and I've made some really great friends, that I know I will be friends with for life. I've been so blessed to have made friends like this at each duty station. To all those friends you know who you are, I love you guys and you all hold a special place in my heart!!!

So to the Voyles family who are leaving tomorrow to thier next chapter in the Army world good luck and know that your family will be missed!!!

No comments: