Jun 9, 2008

Rough times for 1st BDE

It's only the 9th of June and 1st BDE has already lost 5 soldiers. My heart goes out to all these families and to everyone these losses touch. Which is pretty much everyone I know. When you hear about a death your first instinct is to think of your loved one that is over there. Wether it's your husband, your son, your brother or sister. I know it sounds funny to say I feel lucky. I feel lucky because for the most part my husband stays behind a desk out of harms way 99% of the time. For some of my other friends, thier husbands are in infantry units which is obviously more dangerous. My heart aches for them and what they must be feeling. My good friend's husband is a chaplain and has had to deal with so many deaths since he's been there and though I don't know him really I think of him often and pray for him. For the things he's seen and heard, and what he must be going through as he does memorial ceremonies for these young men and women. I see how it effects his wife and I worry about her, how much she can take. Not only does she have to deal with her husband's safety but worries about his mindset with everything he goes through. She is so strong through it all and I really admire her for that. I know that she couldn't do it without Christ to cling to during this. That's how we all make it through each day. We put our husband's in His hands to protect them and keep them safe. Not only thier bodies but thier minds and thier spirit as well. I know for me personally it makes it easier for me to get up everyday and focus on what I have to do back home, while he is over there.

So to all my fellow Army wives I'm so proud of you all and I love you guys and pray for you and your husband's everyday. HOOAH!!! :)

4 comments:

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Prayers Marti...

armywife said...

I know how you are feeling Marti. 2nd BDE lost 54 men on their last tour. Jay has that number forever etched in his mind and is having it tatooed on his forearm with his cross. I pray for all of you daily.

armywife said...

I should have said soldiers instead of men. My bad.

{patty} said...

How are you doing?? I am thinking about you and everyone else at Ft Drum!!