Jun 3, 2008

Where did May go?

I can't believe I didn't post a single thing in May. It was a busy busy month for us. As some of you know, Bruce's dad passed away unexpectedly the beginning of May and he flew in from Iraq to attend the funeral. Thank you to everyone who sent cards and prayers and good thoughts.

With the heartache of why Bruce had to come home, we did get to spend a few more weeks with him that we weren't expecting. So that was a blessing in disguise. He came home in January for his R&R so we weren't expecting to see him again until Christmas time. It was good for all of use to see him again. I think the boys were starting to get missing daddy crazy, so he came home at a good time.

Bruce and I went to Maine for the funeral for a few days and my dear friend Rachel watched the boys for me. She is such a dear. Then we came home and spent the rest of his 2 weeks leave just hanging out with the boys. We took the boys fishing, to the park, we went out to eat, and we played games. It was so nice to be in a normal family setting again. That is what I miss the most when he is gone, our family time together.

Jack got to do the Drake tradition and got his first shooting lesson with Daddy. Bruce made sue he took each one of them and spent one on one time with them. It was so nice for all of them.

After seeing how rough it was in January when Bruce left and how awful the boys were I thought we needed a change of scenery, as my friend Leslie called it, and I decided at the last minute to go home to Indiana for the long Memorial Day weekend. We actually stayed a few extra days to boot. It was the best decision. The boys had so much fun hanging out with grandma and papaw and thier cousins. And Uncle Jon and Aunt Lori too. Uncle Dan took them to a movie and played football with them and we all played the Wii together. That was fun and made my arms sore the next day.

We took 2 days to drive home and we decided to stop at Niagra Falls to stay the night. DJ had been to the falls a few times and I've never been and neither had the little ones, so we went. We just went to the American side, since we didn't have our birth certificates with us. It was a lot of fun and it was really pretty there. We really want to go back sometime and go to the Canadian side.

I just wanted to give everyone and update with what is going on with us. May was a crazy month for us for sure. The rest of the summer is looking like a lot of the same business. But that is alright with us, if ever there was a time we wanted time to fly it would be NOW!!!

TO all reading thanks for not giving up on me and I will try to be better about updating what is going on here!!!

Have a great week!!!

No comments: