Aug 12, 2008

The Olympics

So we have been watching the Olympics every night staying up way too late. I hate that all the sports we want to watch aren't on until 10 or later. I guess I should start DVRing it all so I can watch it the next day. I'm so tired the next day that I've been falling asleep and taking naps.



Two nights ago we stayed up and watched the American win the relay race and I was screaming so loud I woke up Jack who had fallen asleep. I was so excited to see them win and see how excited the four of them were. I loved the looks on all of thier faces and how proud they were. Then when they do the medal ceremony and hearing our national anthem, it always chokes me up. I'm so proud to be an American and I'm so proud of these athletes that are over there, I feel like I'm there when I hear that song. And my heart just flows with joy and pride for each of these young men and women representing our country.

So last night we were watching the men's gymnastics, well Adam and I were anyways. Adam asked me who I was rooting for. He thought maybe I was rooting for the Chinese since they were so impressive. I told him of course not we are rooting for our own country Adam. So we had to have this whole discussion about pride for your country and patriotism which I'm not really sure my 7 year old understood. Everytime one of the guys messed up on one of the aparatus' I just cringed and felt so bad for them. I feel like it's me out there and my heart just goes out to them. I was so excited when they were leading, then got so nervous as they started slipping. But they never gave up and the kept going and going up the very last routine and they still medaled. The underdogs that they didn't think would medal at all and the earned the bronze. So kudos to the men's gymnastics team!!!

Then of course there is the much talked about Michael Phelps. I kind of felt sorry for the "Fab Four" from the relay race, as all the buzz was about Phelps. He tied the record last night with the most gold medals of any olympian, very cool. We will definately be watching him go for the record of 10 and 11 tonight.

So just a proud American here posting about her fellow Americans who are doing our country proud!!!

1 comment:

Major Mom said...

3 words...Michael Phelps YUMMMMM