Aug 13, 2008

This guy is amazing...

I can't even imagine being so young and yet accomplishing so much as Michael Phelps. This guy has done it again, winning gold medals number 10 and 11 yesterday. Makes your proud to be an American doesn't it?




I tried not to stay awake last night and watch the girls gymnastics. It was on so darn late. I DVRd it to watch this morning, but as soon as I started watching I couldn't stop. I cringed everytime one of the girls messed up and cheered everytime they stuck a landing or did a cool move. Which to me is pretty much everything they do. How they jump on that balance beam w/o falling off, most of the time, is amazing. I know they went there for gold, they all did, but silver isn't so bad!!! So kudos to all those young ladies who did a great job!!!

2 comments:

Major Mom said...

Ummmm....yumm-o.

Kimmarie Baker said...

He's awesome! Gymnastics is my favorite to watch and I haven't seen any of it yet. :( no dvr here. Victoria is great on the balance beam - no flips yet, back to gymnastics in the fall but cheering comes first this year.