Aug 8, 2008

OK OK I owe you an update!!!

So, I've been getting in trouble left and right for not posting an update to my blog. :) So here goes. Life isn't really all that exciting though. So I'm giving your fare warning, you may want to stop reading now. :)

The boys and I headed out of Indy Tuesday morning and drove the entire day until we got to New York around 7 pm. The thought of stopping at a hotel and getting out and getting the boys out and the dog, don't forget the dog, was overwhelming. So we trucked through and made it in one day. It wasn't all that bad. The first three hours were not much fun. It was pouring down rain so bad that I considered turning around about 30 minutes into my trip to go back to Mom and Dad's. I'm sure my knuckles were white for the three hours we drove in that mess. It was really bad, the worse I've driven in ever I think. It was barely visible in front of us. But at last it lightened up and the sun started to shine for us. It still rained off and on all the way, but nothing like the beginning of the trip.

We haven't done anything exciting since we got home though. We've pretty much layed around and been rather lazy, in fact our clothes are still packed in our suitcases. but that is ok, because they are clean as I washed them all before we left Indy. I actually left the house today to get groceries for the boys, they were dying for some milk, poor guys. :)

We are actually having some friends come in tomorrow to visit that we haven't seen in a little while. So that should be fun, she is bringing her little boy to spend the night so he can hang out with my boys. So we have been trying to clean today so the house isn't a total disaster when they visit.

I'm hoping to scrap this weekend although my room is a mess. I just sort of dumped everything when we got home from Indiana. I need to unpack as I got all sorts of new goodies from shopping and our annual crop that my Secret Sistah totally spoiled me with. Thanks Kelli!!! I'm still trying to flatten those papers you gave me. I will try and see if I can post a pic. :)

Marti swap

We had a lot of fun visiting family and friends this summer. So thanks to everyone who let us stay at their homes for numerous days and put up with all of us, including Blue!!! :) (Special thanks to Chuck for that) :) I have all my other pics on discs and those are still packed up so I will have to post more pics from our summer late on.

So that is what we have been up to since we got home. Boring huh? Can't say I didn't warn you!!!

3 comments:

Ribbon Wand Maker said...

NOthing wrong with boring.

Major Mom said...

ok did you break up with me or what???

Kimmarie Baker said...

I am so glad you all made it home safely. Sounds like a tough beginning. Glad you had fun with your mom and getting together with friends is always fun!