Sep 10, 2007

Busy Weekend

I'm sort of glad it's Monday. (sort of) We had a busy weekend. Friday I had a meeting for PWOC about our upcoming kickoff this week. It was very productive and we actually got done early. So since we still had like another hour of childcare, we broke out a game and stated playing Catch Phrase I think it was called. It was a lot of fun, and we all laughed a lot. It was great, because we all needed a good laugh. It was a rough week for a lot of us, since half the board members said goodbye to our husbands this week. I'm not naming names, because lets face it, you know who you are, but we have some pretty competitive ladies on our board this year, its' gonna be a great year!!! :)

On Saturday DJ's den had a BBQ at one of the scouts houses. It was a lot of fun, they have quite a bit of land and all kinds of fun stuff for the boys to do. They have this big bycicle thing that the husband made that the kids had a blast on.



Then all the Webelos got to go GEO tracking. I didn't even know what that was until we got to thier house. The scouts broke up into three groups and using GPS sysems they had to locate different things on this man' property that he had hidden. It was almost like a high tech version of reading a treasure map. The boys had a good time running around and trying to beat each other the all the differen items. I got the best pic of DJ trying to run for the last item. He was jumping over a tree root and I caught him midair.


All three boys got to go rock climbing as well. They have a rock climbing wall set up inside thier hosue, it was the coolest things. So now of course the boys are like, why can't we?.....uh yeah NO!!! :) I only got pics of DJ because Jack and Adam only decided to do it right when we were leaving and I'd already packed up the van, including my camera, the little turkeys but they all loved it.








Then on Sunday we had our Fall into Faith, where everyone signs up for all the different programs offered at the chapel. We had several children sign up for AWANA this year and for PWOC also. So Sunday evening at 6, all the kids starting showing up for a fun filled night of games, snacks and most importantly hearing the Word of God. It was a lot of fun, and went fairly smoothly for our first night. We have two new director's this year, and they did an awesome job. So Kudos to Marie and Becky. Unfortunately I was so busy with registration I forgot to pull my camera out and get some pics of the boys. Maybe next week.

So that is why I'm glad it's Monday. Though this week is a really busy one too. I need a vacation alreay.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! I have wanted to try geocaching but I don't have a GPS unit. My BIL does and I may have to borrow his some time. ;)

kelli said...

WOw that GPS thing is so high tech and what a great idea.