Sep 7, 2007

NO CAFFEINE???

So I've decided to make a few changes while Bruce is gone. I really want to concetrate on getting healthy while he is gone. So I'm taking baby steps to get in the right direction. This week I've given up caffeine. The reason I'm giving it up is because I'm a total soda fien. I can't even do the diet because it will just be too easy for me to say well I will just have regular this once. So I'm knocking out soda all together. I'm not a big coffee drinker so I can live w/o that. So my drink of choice this week has been this

So I have had this horrible head cold with a nasty cough ever since Bruce left. It just works out that way somehow you know? Crazy. Anyways, my cold symptons weren't bad yesterday, except for a wicked headache I had all day. And I'm sure it's because my body was being deprived of the caffeine it has become accustomed to getting on a daily basis.

Next week I'm starting my diet, and the week after that I will start working out with a few of my girlfriends here. So now that I've posted this on my blog for all my friends and family to see, I would like you all to hold me accountable. Are you up for the challenge? :) thanks friends!!!

3 comments:

{patty} said...

You know me, I will call you every morning after I drop the kids off only if you will hold me accoutable for not eating at night. :)

kelli said...

So there for you. Also do you like the taste of coffee. I have come across some hard candy coffee and since I haven't had caffeeine /soda in a year this past aug. I got an instant headache from the cafeine in the candies. Might want to try those to whine yourself off the caffeine. I loved me some diet coke (atleast 6 cans a day habit) So if I did it you can do it too.

DOWN WITH SODA!!!!

Lesley said...

Hi Marti... a {sista} from SBO... just want you to know..that your dh is in my prayers while he is gone protecting my freedoms...and so are you and your children, for your SACRIFICE for my freedoms. I am rooting for you in this..get healthy routine...cause Lord knows I need it too...dh lost 14 lbs and I was oblivious.. our lives our too busy. YOU GO GIRL.. I will be checking in on your blog often.