Sep 8, 2007

It's the little things....

My dear friend Patty sent me this link to a video on GodTube and told me to have my tissues ready. She asked me first if it would be alright to send and I of course said sure. It's an amazing video showing our guys over in Iraq, with the song I Will Praise You In This Storm in the back ground. As I sat there watching all the images from that warzone, I felt an unexpected feeling. I felt pride for one, because I am truly proud of my husband, and I want to shout it from the rooftops. But here was the unexpected emotion, I felt such peace. Peace you ask? No I haven't gone off the deep end yet my friends. How amazing is it to know that Bruce is in God's hands. That He will protect him no matter what. If Bruce is having a bad day or is having a moment he can just look upwards and know that he is being prayed over and comforted by our Lord and Savior. I'm not sure I mentioned before but Bruce and I opened his bible before he left on Tuesday, and I asked him to read Psalms 91 with me before he left. He promised to continue reading it everyday while he's gone. And I promised him I would read it as well. We have such an awesome God and we truly are blessed.

It's funny because the things you think will make you break down in a fit of tears aren't the ones that do. I was telling Patty earlier, I did have a moment yesterday afternoon, while I was cleaning the house. I found one of Bruce's berets on top of the piano, and I just held it and tried to smell it like there would really be a scent there. I felt completely silly and so cliche, like I was in some horribly written movie. But it's those little things that will get me in the end I' sure.

I wanted to share the video with you that Patty sent me though. It really is moving, and I thank her for sending it to me, so I can have that peace I know so many of us wives are looking for.

You may have to go to the bottom of my blog and pause the other video to hear the music.

2 comments:

kelli said...

Fantastic video. thanks for sharing it Marti.

Krystin said...

Such a beautiful video. Marti, you do have so much to be proud of. We all do. I am not American, but I am so proud of all them men out there fighting. I am so glad that you felt peace. I can't imagine trying to go through anything like this without knowing God IS there and watching over us. He truly does love us all. Thank you so much for sharing this video. It helps me even more than anyone could know. :)
God bless you and your family.