Sep 30, 2007

Triple Threat

I had a much better weekend. I've been really down that Bruce doesn't get much time to call or write, but I was blessed three fold this weekend. Yesterday I got a letter in the mail, this morning I woke up to an email, and then when I got home from church he called and we actually got to talk for like 30 minutes. It was great, he'd been calling on the MWR phones and those calls get cut off after 10 minutes. So it was nice to be able to talk and not feel rushed.
He is doing well over there. The weather is getting better and they aren't burning up anymore. He said at night it drops to the 70's so it's comfortable to sleep, and during the day it's in the mid 90's right now. So that is great, anytime it's under 100 it's good.
He is getting ready to take over for the unit that they are replacing that is headed back home to Hawaii soon. He said that they had done a really good job and that the transition has been a rather easy one. He has been super busy signing for all of the equipment that he will be responsible for, for the next 15 months. It's almost done and that will relieve some of his business. I know it's stressful for him so I'm glad it's almost done.
Here is a picture of the place he will be living for the next year or so. It's a little bare, so I told him we'd make him pictures to hang on his walls. He's doing his laundry in his room too I guess as you can see his socks and such hanging in the window drying. It's kind of depressing to look at I think, so blah and boring. I need to send him a cheetah comforter or something and spice it up. What do you think?


Anyways, I was so happy to hear from him today. Hearing his voice is really a comfort for me. I don't think I posted, but the last time I talked to him, last week I think. We were interrupted with a siren in the background with a quick I gotta go I love you bye from him as he hung up the phone. It was really scary and that never happened his first deployment so it really freaked me out. But it turned out to just be a drill thank goodness. But it definately made me think about how dangerous it really is over there. So please continue to pray for him, just for safety and strength while he is over there. And for me with y patience with the boys. Though this was a much better few days than last week.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, I'm thinking I'm gonna have a great one!!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Colts....4-0...Go Colts.
Just saw the picture of Bruce's room. Honey, it beats a foxhole!!!
Glad to hear he is doing OK. The folks in the choir want to know what we can send him. We would like to get a package off sometime in Oct and then maybe another around the first of Dec. Let us know. See ya soon. Love to all.
Dad

{patty} said...

Glad to hear that Bruce is doing fine. If you can send me his email that would be great. I know he might not be able to respond but I would like him to know we are thinking about him!

Love and miss you! We haven't talked in years!

Major Mom said...

I think his room looks pretty decent. Does he have a roomy? I know Mike does. Does he have a private potty or is that communal? Also, how does he do his wash? Just curious...My hubby doesn't give details like that. He just asks for copenhagen long cut in every email:) Bless his heart